Hello again, loyal followers! After 6 months of absence, we're back! Bryan and I are about to start up our next overseas adventure, and, as appropriate, I'm dusting off the old blog. (What's life if you can't share it with the people you love. Am I right?)
So, where will be our next home, you ask? Your two favorite nomads are heading to Jeju, a sub-tropical island off the south coast of South Korea. We signed a two-year teaching contract at Korea International School, a fairly decent step-up from the hagwon world (hakeem!).
Like I said above, it's been 6 months since our last adventure in Seoul, and lots has happened in that half-year gap. So to fill you in while simultaneously avoiding a pet peeve of mine (long-winded people.. zZzZz..), I'll give you the Coles Notes version instead. Ahem:
- Bryan and I spent the month of March traveling through Thailand. It was beautiful and delicious. So very delicious.
- We spent the month of April living in Bryan's hometown of Ottawa, Ontario. We spent time with the fam and got back to reality.
- At the end of April, I reunited with my bests, a fantastic groups of girls from my university days. The Ottawa reunion was filled with laughs, love, and lots of celebrations!
- In May, Bryan and I parted ways (sniff). We spent the months of May and June working in our respective home cities. However, during this time, mama bear and I went on a kick-ass vacation to Cuba. Dos cervezas, amigo! Arriba!
- In July, Bryan came to my hometown on the east coast to spend summer in Cape Breton. Bring on the lobster, surfing, and good times at the bungalow. Barrouu!
- On July 19th, my whole life was made... Bryan proposed! Ahhh! More details on this later, of course. (It surely deserves more attention than a bullet in a Coles Notes list.)
- At the end of July, the whole fam dam got together. Bryan's parents drove down to the east coast and my parents, Bry's parents, Bryan and myself got in a van and road-tripped to NFLD. This included drinking festivals, seasick ferry rides, and the heavy dropping of F bombs.
- We're now back in Ottawa, with 10 days to pack up our lives (I feel like I've done this before...), run all of our final Canadian errands (including an intense over-consumption of avocado), say our goodbyes (sniff... sniff... just come with us, guys), and take off yet again. (Someone get Chantal ready to sing us away.)
With an obvious sadness to leave our family and friends, it is nonetheless with a decent dose of stoke that we take off again. More travel, career challenges, new friends... Can't wait to find out where it will take us this time.
"There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars."
— Jack Kerouac